Quick Reference Guide to Parker Engravers
Unread 01-23-2020, 06:56 PM   #1
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,175 Times in 12,362 Posts

Default Quick Reference Guide to Parker Engravers

In an effort to help Parker Collectors and those who appreciate the skill that goes into turning a blank steel palette into a work of art, I have put together this guide to the engravers who worked for Parker Brothers and later for Remington on their Parker Guns.

The levels of skill in the engraving department ranged from the chief or head engraver and the in-house engraving contractor to the senior engravers, the junior engravers and finally to the apprentice engravers.

The lower grades, OV, Grade 0, Grade 1, and Grade 2 were likely engraved by apprentice engravers and the scroll on the grade 1 and 2 was probably done by junior engravers. the finer scrollwork on grades 3, 4 and higher was likely done by senior engravers while the game scenes, dogs, and other animals was done by the chief or head engraver.

There is a great deal more to know about Parker engravers that can only be learned through reading the several books written about Parker guns, but especially The Parker Story.

The names listed next to the years of tenure are the chief engravers or department heads.

It is suggested that you copy and save the attached document and save it to your desktop so it will be within easy reach.

This listing isn't complete I'm sure, and as more info is discovered it can be added to this document.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parker Gun Engravers.jpg (473.1 KB, 86 views)

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: