View Single Post
When a Five Gallon Bucket Just Won't Do....
Unread 07-02-2019, 01:54 PM   #1
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,031 Times in 1,165 Posts

Default When a Five Gallon Bucket Just Won't Do....

I've not been on the site in ages, been moving house and a thousand other things. Turned 49 this month and I thought a gift to myself was required for passing the near half century mark.

I've always despised the use of a five gallon bucket for a hunting / fishing seat. If there's anything that doesn't go with a nice double barrel shotgun it's a plastic bucket. But I never knew what to replace one with, they are a useful article for certain.

Then I ran into a Facebook page called "Custom Cypress" and the guy makes a thing the cajuns call a "bedon". They're a wooden bucket they used to tote their shells, coffee bottle, and other small hunting articles in. So I asked him could he make a sort of magnum bedon that was the same size as a five gallon bucket....

$210 dollars (shipped) later here is the result. I have a nice piece of old army canvas I'm going to used to make a pad for the top and I'm going to give it a dose of "duck boat green" paint on the outside.

Not a piece of metal in it, all made by hand with wooden pegs and slats. Seems solid as a rock and surprisingly light, made from good cypress lumber.

If anybody thinks they might want one send me a PM and I'll give you his info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190702_135548.jpg (508.1 KB, 12 views)
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV

Last edited by Destry L. Hoffard; 07-02-2019 at 02:18 PM..
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post: