View Single Post
couple of pics
Unread 04-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
Greg Miller CTGunLaw
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default couple of pics

sorry have not even wiped off the old oils. Just picked it up. Looks to be serial number 14 and a 3d gen top lever? Can see 14 on the forend lug, the water-table and also on the forend and other places. If that is the serial number I guess the gun would be from 1890. There is a large lug that goes through the frame and an underbolt, so quite a strong locking system by the looks of it. Look forward to getting the locks off and seeing how they arranged them.

The quality is not Parker, but it is pretty good given that these guns seem to pop up for a couple of hundred dollars in good condition, on face with decent bores. If they are safe to shoot, there are worse things in the world than a 10ga hammer gun with 30" tubes for the price of a good dinner.

Also, this was their basic gun. There are higher grade guns with various grades of Damascus, and I would think those would be the ones to put aside if one should find one at the right price.

As per above dealer gave me this one as it is in his words it is a Wall Hanger. If everything checks out ok, I intend to load up some smokey old black pounder cartridges, maybe in some brass cases, and have some fun with it.

Not an investment, but good fun and American Made.

Meanwhile need to get the barrels re-finished on a GH12 I have been working on from 1890. Gun has lovely balance, nice engraving and I expect that will be spending a lot of time with me in the field. When I get it done I will post it. Was in rough shape cosmetically, but a nice gun and enjoy bringing it back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo2.JPG (126.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg photo4.JPG (287.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (64.7 KB, 7 views)
Gregory Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Gregory Miller's homepage!