View Single Post
Unread 03-04-2019, 12:06 PM   #7
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Harm View Post
Craig, I didn't quite understand about the Win shell and the resizing. Did you mean the top of the metal base bends in ? There's a couple of guys who like the 16ga and maybe I could help them. The " concave " crimp - a little helps lock the petals together so they won't relax and maybe go up. Just a thought.
I'm not sure how to explain the WIN hulls to be honest but I'll try !

I was using brand new once fired WIN hulls in the 9000 . Set them in the collet to deprime and resize and the thing I think was not holding them tight enough (but it had no issue with REM or Federal hulls) or maybe the base metal was really soft anyway they would push through and pretty much do away with the rim at the base but I could put a WIN hull in the 600JR resize it fine then put them in the 9000 no problem . I should be loading some 16 in the next couple weeks I'll try another WIN and take a picture of the messed up one .

The concave crimp is easily remedied with the CB WAA16 7/8 ounce wad . Right before Thanksgiving I ordered a case of CB WAA16 1 ounce wads and a case of the CB WAA16 7/8 ounce wads . So I'm flush for either wad for awhile .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote