View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #15
stumpstalker
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,425 Times in 686 Posts

Thanks to all, named or un-named, who have responded.

Todd:
1) The lady shooter is not THE significant other. She is a family friend, who once was a competitive skeet shooter, and probably would shoot guns again if one fit. There have been changes with aging, but is still a very active outdoors-lady.
2) Not low risk as I see it. My inexpert visual check of the gun came up with no problems, but definitely a higher condition Trojan than I have been seeing offered. However, my looking only goes so-far. What lurks below? If usability and monetary value rests primarily on barrel soundness, why risk injury with over-honed bores; or with excessive or misaligned chamber or forcing cone lengthening?
3) The owner did not object to a professional on-site inspection, just to my taking it away for a couple days for my smith to look at, with payment in full up-front.
4) AMFYOYO? Need acronym decoder. Is it risqué?

Brian: I’m not sure that the stock was cut, plastic butt plate looked original. Maybe originally ordered for a smaller person, if that was possible with a Trojan.

Russ: Very bad treatment of you and your money.

Paul: Gun was in hand. I am not qualified to perform a professional-level inspection. Are you saying that it is not customary to have a two or three-day return policy, after paying in full, taking the gun to a professional for examination, and then determining that it is not fundamentally sound or as described? If so, I have learned something vital.

All the opinions on value as I have described the gun are appreciated, especially since I neglected to ask someone with a phone or camera take pictures and email them to me.