View Single Post
Unread 01-21-2020, 08:20 PM   #14
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,596 Times in 3,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
my worst shot was a day when duck hunting it was 2 degrees that day i had on hip boots standing in water just 2 inches below the top of my boots..along comes a wood duck from my left to my right...i turned very quickly my body moved but my feet had sunk in the mud they did not move with my body i pulled the trigger but missed as i was turning..i got off balance and started falling my feet came loose outa the mud and here i go trying to keep my head above water.. after 4 steps of stumbleing i caught a tree i had went up to my shoulders but only my head stayed above the water.... never touched that duck...it was over 2 mile back to the truck most of it knee deep water and mud covered in thin ice...finally got to the truck and turned that heater on high it took me a half aday at home setting right by the heater to get warm that day...never will forget that miss on that duck...charlie
Yikes. Reminds me of some "over my wader" stories I could tell from my days as a trapper.
Garry L Gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: