Dean Weber
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,266 Times in 219 Posts

Default Frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Shaffer View Post
Dean
You have another example of a Damascus graded gun with a set of Parker Laminated barrels. They all seem to be on graded lifters. Mr. Gorman is redoing mine right now (from a D3 grade 10 Gauge). Searching through the posts from the last several yearsI have located a surprising number marked that way, given the relatively few number reported as L grade guns. No way to prove it, but I have personally become convinced that Parker during this period, due either to corporate pride or marketing to try and establish the new barrels, considered them as Damascus barrels unique to them. The fact that all of them I have found posts about are higher grade lifters would fit into this scenario.

Does the grade stamp on the frame agree with the D grading? If so, the other set of barrels may well have been P Laminate too. I have never heard of that. If so, it would have likely been unique with both sets of barrels. It may well be anyway as the only grade 6 with those barrels.
I think this gun is too early to show the quality or grade on the water table. TPS page 110.

Last edited by Dean Weber; 02-12-2022 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: grammar
Dean Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Weber For Your Post: