Thread: New member
View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2019, 10:59 PM   #3
Mason Dixon
Forum Associate

Member Info

Bless your heart Sir! I sure do thank you for answering my plea! It's a low grade gun. It's a trojan....the serial begins w/198 but I will hafta look n see the rest so I am pretty sure it was made in '22. I'm gonna say that it still retains 65-70% of original blue, but the receiver doesn't have any of the "swirl" from the heat left just bright shiny metal. The pigs tail had a little light surface from oily hands of recent times but I carefully used a little eraser and carefully removed it. The stocks are both uncut and matching, retaining @ 75-80% of their original finish. The bottom of the original butt-plate is chipped off about 1/2" from the end, quite noticeable. The bore on the 30" barrels had not been cleaned which kinda shocked me, because the gun came too me in a beautiful oak and brass case which kinda let on that it was very special to someone. Once I cleaned them I expected to see plenty of Pitts, but my Lordy them barrels look as if they had never had a shell fired through'm! As good looking as my ole Pappaw's prized 870! An it's NOS! All the screws are original and unturned and are in the correct positions. I tell ya that gun is the tightest I have ever broken down and just as tight relatching. Used two old spent cardboard shell casings to test if it would fire, two sharp snaps. I believe it'll shoot now but don't know what shells I should use. Frame size-2, barrel weight-4, grade- of, and serial# 198452. Thank you buddy
Chance Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chance Johnson For Your Post: