View Single Post
What makes a great Parker Collection in your mind?
Unread 06-24-2019, 06:07 PM   #1
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,415 Times in 1,646 Posts

Default What makes a great Parker Collection in your mind?

I am always interested in what others consider a great Parker collection. We are all focused on different segments of the Parker collecting world based upon our background collecting, shooting and hunting interests. Many from the more urban areas are focused on competitive guns like single barrel trap guns and double pigeon/trap guns. Those from upland rich areas are more focused on small bores, waterfowl hunters are crazy for heavy duck guns. Some just what to own mint or very high condition examples with no desire to use them. How about you, has your background influenced your collecting interests???????
I started my hunting life as a waterfowl hunter but time and resources have allowed me to hunt upland birds all over the western hemisphere. So I'm focused on waterfowl guns but have a sprinkling of small bores. I have a few high condition examples I will not shoot, but most of my guns are for use as intended. My collection of Parkers is post 1893 and pre 1916, the golden age of duck hunting. The range of my collection is from a 15 pound 36" D hammer 10ga to a 30" 20 gauge straight grip. My preference is for damascus examples, I find the patterns outstanding artwork!
So I feel a great collection of Parkers for me to be a wide range of guns used during the golden era of waterfowl hunting from different sections of the country. Like most of you I always have my ear to the ground looking for the next gem. What say you??
Craig Larter is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Craig Larter For Your Post: