View Single Post
2 1/2 inch 12 Gauge Documented Loads Only
Unread 04-05-2016, 05:18 PM   #1
Kirk Mckinney
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default 2 1/2 inch 12 Gauge Documented Loads Only

Gentlemen and Ladies if any are on here. After lurking in every dark and unsavory place on the internet (lol) searching for 2 1/2- 12gauge lp loads. And after speaking to several powder manufacturers trying to get them to develop loads for our vintage guns. I was told no way would it ever happen. I told one powder manufacturer does he know how many people shoot vintage guns, He replied 3. lol He wasn't buying it. None the less when there is love involved, there is a way. As I think we all have a fondness of our old guns. I am starting this thread for published 2 1/2 12 Gauge loads only.
Please list and loads you may have, that have been tested only. With all the stats. I know a lot of you guys that have years of experience with reloading can concoct a load and know pretty much where its going to fall. But so that there will be a list of published loads for the guns we love, please chime in with tested loads only, the stats and most of all who did the testing.

2 1/2 Cheddite hull, Cheddite primer
16.0 gr. American Select powder
Precision reloading part # TUWG2512 wad
7/8 OZ. Lead shot
1165 fps. and 6110 psi.
Be sure to keep the crimp depth at .050 to .055 as the pressures increase after that.

2 1/2 Cheddite hull , Cheddite primer
15 gr. 700x powder
Precision reloading part # TUWG2512 wad
7/8 lead shot
1160 fps. and 6160 psi.
Be sure to keep the crimp depth at .050 to .055 as the pressures increase after that.

Gentlemen please list documented loads so that we can all enjoy the nostalgia of pulling out one of these fine old guns out at the range or for a morning hunt. If these loads were more accessible more people may join us.
See you in the field.
Developed by Keith at Precision Reloading, Great Guy and very reasonable pricing.
Kirk Mckinney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kirk Mckinney For Your Post: