View Single Post
Unread 11-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #15
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Agonizing and unintended result for sure. Your threadline and follow up point clearly suggests the crux of the issue as being a cause. It is almost Shakespearean "To blast or not to blast". At one time in not to distant past I worked for a short time with a fella that had a PHD in medieval literature from University of Edinburgh. He was actually from Tullahoma Tennessee so go figure that connection. Hard to argue his point that is almost a cliche` but his common phrase was "Good thought, bad idea" Seems he developed this saying by studying and reading, obviously in great depth, historical documents, context and outcomes to come to that conclusion. History always has a lesson that constantly repeats and reinforces that the world is fraught with "Good thoughts and Bad ideas".

Obviously you and your friends had one of those moments, I am certain not even in your wildest thoughts did that potential outcome factor in as prepared as you were. That is a tough one. Thanks for sharing so we can learn or reinforce the thought and ideas of your experiences so as not to repeat. I can say this, and that is I have seen that combination or bird dog and retriever put into practice countless times but it was never mentioned what to do in case of a snake encounter. The standard thought is just leave em alone.

Peace be with you and your friends Mark as you work through it. Very tough time.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Todd Poer For Your Post: