View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2019, 07:58 PM   #11
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,001 Times in 463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Milton, take next month's paycheck and buy 30 RMC eight gauge empties before they go out of business. There won't be any more. I have never loaded mine, but they are in reserve when my paper Winchesters wear out.
I was thinking about that but was wondering how their orders are coming along since they plan on closing but they dont have a date set . Theres a company like RMC thats starting to machine brass in all these obsolete and obscure calibers . They are using a milling machine with cad instead of turning each one by one on a lathe . The owner is a member of a antique firearms group I am on with Facebook . I need to ask him about setting up for milling 8 ga cases for when RMC does close . Though with RST bringing out a lineup for 8 ga , they are working with Tom Armbrust for their 8 ga lineup they told me .

I have about 25 resized 8 ga hulls I got from Mr.Charlie years ago when I planned on buying a Davenport.

As long as we dont get hit with another cat 5 hurricane like last year which pretty much ruined the peanut crop I will probably be able to get a Parkers 8 ga . So im praying we have a good season .
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote