View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2017, 09:01 PM   #4
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

I've owned no less then four guns that were chambered for the 10 gauge 3 1/2" . The first was a brand spanking new Remington SP-10 in 1990 it was one of the first year guns with a 26" barrel . I bought it for turkey and once I had it I started shooting 2 1/4 ounce turkey loads . Back then I crawled the stock like one wouldn't believe my nose was always against my thumb anyway the first shot with that cannon made me think I broke my nose but in reality it literally knocked the snot out of me .
Years later I got the bug again and before I knew it I had a pair of Ithaca MAG-10 autos and a Browning BPS all with 30 or 32 inch pipes . And as one might expect they all shot nicely .
Somewhere in all of that I got the hots to get a Benelli SBE and I wanted that one for Sika deer at Chincoteague NWR . Patterened a fair amount of 3 1/2" buck with that thing and it most certainly rapped you more then the 10 autoloaders .
Now I've pretty well settled on 2 7/8" 10's for most of that stuff . But I did today buy a slightly used MEC Steelmaster so I can have a press strictly for 12 gauge 3" to load for my Superposed Mag and A-5 Mag .

It is most certainly a viciouse cycle and I suppose I'll play it until I die
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CraigThompson For Your Post: