Thread: A Look Back
View Single Post
Unread 06-04-2015, 11:46 AM   #16
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,680 Times in 1,644 Posts

John, I believe that the Admiral Fletcher gun has nautical scenes, Bruce knows this gun better than most, I think my 20g a lifter and his gun are the only ones I know about, I am trying to make a connection with the 20 gauge A grade and a past President, The gun was sent back to Parker in 1900 from Washington DC for repairs and another set of barrels, Austin Hogan and I had several conversations about this, before he passed, he seemed to think it had a connection to Grover Cleveland, and said I should investigate this assumption. He always liked to carry a small bore gun with him on his fishing expeditions so he could shoot shore birds, He was an avid duck hunter, and Colt Presented him with a 8 gauge, which he nicknamed "Death and Destruction" maybe the only 8 gauge they made I do not know for sure. but he was a hearty and consistent sportsman, he was also cited a couple times by the game wardens for killing to many ducks etc. Hope I can make a connection, it is hard to find much about him he does not have a library as yet. Gary
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gary Carmichael Sr For Your Post: