Thread: Brothers
View Single Post
Unread 02-28-2019, 06:40 PM   #9
Steve Hodges
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,215 Times in 896 Posts

This was the rescued half sister to my boys. This guy in Mananas, Va had purchased her as a started 12 month old dog. When he got her in early July 2015 he immediately took her with them camping and on the 4th of July had her staked out on a chain when the fireworks started. She was so upset that she choked herself on the chain and passed out. He was discussed with her and said that she was useless and was going to take her to the pound. When i got to his house she was in a crate in the living room and looked as if she had been beaten. He told me she would not come when called and was "too shy" to be a good dog. I got home with her late on a Saturday night. On Sunday morning i took her out in the yard on a leash. I decided to test her training and took her off the leash. She ran forward and i hit the whistle and called her back and she immediately responded to me. I never had her on a lead again. She was extremely shy of any loud noises. Notice that when he got her she was a started dog completely broke to shot. The fireworks had made her extremely shy to any loud noise. She was a true "pocket setter" weighing only 25 Lbs. A very sweet dog. Because my breeder in New Mexico is a very compassionate person she is now a happy hunting dog again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0747 (002).jpg (534.0 KB, 0 views)
Daniel Webster once said ""Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."
Stephen Hodges is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephen Hodges For Your Post: