View Single Post
Unread 12-14-2017, 10:07 PM   #7
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,527 Times in 3,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dallas View Post
If you're going to use any of the premium loaders, you better shoot a lot, or you'll never recoup your initial investment. (BTW, I love my PW 800 Plus)
Yeah you're correct I've owned 4 of the 800C's and a pair of 800B's . 800's were what I cut my teeth on when I learned to load .

There was a gunsmith in our town who kinda played at the skeet game before I became interested . And when we would go by his basement/shop I'd go in his personal gunroom and he had 4 800B's sitting there . So I was looking at them and he told me "If you ever start fooling with skeet DO NOT waste your money on 600JR's or whatever buy PW 800B's and be done with it" . So back around 84 or 85 I bought a pair of used 800B's in 12 and 28 followed very shortly by 800C's in 20 and 410 . After about a year I sold the B's and got C's in 12 and 28 as well as a 375 for 10 and 16 . Pretty much the only rifle/pistol loader I've owned and used is a PW Metallic II been using that one for 34 years !

I have an old oak conference table I got from the company my mother used to work forty years ago . When I was heavy into skeet/trap I had the four PW 800's and the 375 mounted on one side this table . Always thought it looked kinda cool LOL's ! Now that conference table has my Metallic II , a CH4D press for the 505 Gibbs , a Lyman Lubrisizer and two MEC loaders mounted .

You know I kept track of the amount I loaded when I first started and near as I could figure not counting my time I pretty much got my money back out of the 800C's within two years . I shot A LOT then and I got them all new for about $500 a piece . Two from Jim Cunnigham and two from Jim Tyrell when he was the club manager at Fairfax R&G .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote