View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #30
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Further to my short 10 post. Loaded up a dummy this afternoon. Cut the 2 7/8 inch RST empty down to 2 1/2 inches removed all trace of the crimp. Threw 19.4 of Red Dot then seated the Remington SP 10 wad on top of the powder.

Dropped a 28 G nitro card wad in the bottom of the Remington wad threw 1 1/8 oz #7 1/2. on top. Still not full to the wads top or enough to fill the 2 1/2 inch case. Added a 12 G Nitro card on top then roll crimped. Nice crimp, shake no noise and the shell finished at 2 1/4 inches

I guess my basic question is which way to go

Fill the wad with nitro cards to make up the stack. 16 G will fill better than 28's, and use a fairly thick overshot or Polywad spreader disk. Or cut the Hull and Wad even shorter. I don't want to use over about 19 of Red Dot or 1 1/8 shot. Pattern is probably the only way to tell. However thought there might be some advice out there.

PS I could go to Unique about 30 grs and up the shot charge to 1 1/4 that will probably make a higher stack in the hull. However have very little Unique and don't need 1 1/4 oz for clay targets

William
William Davis is offline   Reply With Quote