View Single Post
Unread 11-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
Rocky Nivison
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Day View Post
To be frank about it, the gun looks to be a low cost hardware store gun of which thousands were imported from Belgium and sold to major hardware distributors. They sold for maybe $15 to $20 when quality guns sold for $50 and up. They shot loose after a while and the barrels were of questionable quality and did not withstand higher pressure loads. They were seldom marked with a manufacturer's or distributor's name, as were better quality guns. Your desire to fix up your forebear's gun is admirable but unwise in my unsolicited opinion.
This one is as tight as the day it was new and very good barrels. I have 2 grand nieces in their early 20s and would like to pass it on to the first son if they ever get married. It would be his great-great-great-great-great granddads __________ rabbit ear 12 gauge shotgun. I would like to fill in the blank if possible. I can have a gun smith make a hammer if I can’t find one as the manufacture and date of manufacture is actually more important. Grand-Grand-Grand-Grand-Grand is priceless.
Rocky Nivison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky Nivison For Your Post: