View Single Post
Unread 08-12-2018, 10:21 PM   #14
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,042 Times in 12,322 Posts

A very respectable Parker Bros. twelve-gauge GH (serial no. 144217 ) on the 1 1/2 frame with 30" 3-iron Damascus barrels has been donated...... in pieces. I mean it was stripped down to the very last tiniest screw, and thoroughly cleaned. There is no case color remaining (but the engraving is all sharp and clean) and very little Damascus pattern remaining on the barrels. The bores have been only very lightly honed or polished with .733" and .734" bore diameters and the chokes are .039” and .039" which is F/F in anybody's book.

I had it all assembled when I discovered I forgot to install the safety jacket and toggle so that's the project for the next hour or so...

I jotted down the stock dimensions but that note is down in my gun room but I remember the LOP is 14 1/4" exactly over the original hard rubber DHBP. The DAC is 1 3/4” and DAH is 2 3/4” which are very shootable modern dimensions. This is the original stock and it has only one minor issue which can be easily remedied.

When I get it all put together properly I'll post some pictures.

This is one I'll definitely be bidding on!

EDIT - EDIT - EDIT - EDIT

This just in...

I knew I should have gone down and checked my notes on the gun -

The actual DAC is 1 3/4” and the actual DAH is 2 3/4”.

Pre-struck barrel weight is 3 lb. 14 oz.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: