View Single Post
Unread 06-21-2018, 07:53 AM   #7
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,313 Times in 1,219 Posts

Thanks Daryl for starting a separate thread focused on modern live bird shooting. I don't own a suitable 12-gauge Parker but I'll offer this up ….. to be competitive and not waste your money in a very expensive sport where still legal, I think that Parker needs to be dynamic but with enough weight to buffer heavy recoil, perhaps around 8 pounds. Also it should shoot a bit high maybe 60/40, and its owner must be OK with sustained shooting of traditional 1-1/4 ounce high velocity pigeon loads like the old AA Super Pigeon without having to worry about being kind to old dry wood, etc. Nowadays many shooters will be using even higher velocity "high brass" 1-1/4 ounce loads (1330 fps) in their guns. I'm talking here about getting invited to organized live box bird shoots with high cost birds, high stakes and the Calcuttas. And even if you have that Parker and think you're a good clays/hunting shot, get ready to get your clock cleaned when regular pigeon shooting gents like "Lxxx" show up from Portugal etc.

frank
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post: