View Single Post
Unread 10-05-2021, 07:19 AM   #9
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,240 Times in 12,378 Posts

Through very precise measurement of the bore along the entire length of the barrel Richard Hoover could determine if it had been overbored by the Parker factory or by a third party.
Parker would overbore to a particular ID while overboring by someone else wasn’t as precise.
I don’t remember the IDs he said indicated factory work but he knew. At the spring southern more than ten years ago he was set up in the Parker/LCS tent and invited folks to bring their 12 and 10 gauge Parkers whose bores were oversize and he would measure them to determine if it was factory work or not.

The nominal ID of an 11 gauge is .751 and it is commonly said that Parker would overbore a 12 up to .750 and this is an area we need to be careful not to confuse the two. Of course Parker discontinues making the 11 gauge pretty early in the T/A hammer guns so generally speaking it is pretty easy to determine which is which. I have a chart around here someplace of all the known 11 gauge Parkers so we can determine how late the 11 gauge guns were produced.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote