Unread 11-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #15
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default My gal friend from Copenhagen is helping me here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael_kjaer View Post
hello Fransis

det var en overraskelse at få et svar på dansk. Jeg bor i jylland i danmark. hvor bor du?

Venlig hilsen Mikael
- translated aproximately for others my friend- I am glad you were surprised (pleasantly) that a member of the PGCA might have a smattering of Danish. I live just outside of Greenville in the Midwest, a town of about 7500 pop. very rural, and since 1965 or so, have celebrated the Danish heritage every summer with a three day festival. The beer tent is named Tivoli Garden, and from the Hans Christian Anderson story The Swan, there is indeed a Marshall Fredericks statue of that most graceful bird in the town square. Abelskivers are a big item also.

In another town in the State of Nebraska, there is almost sister town, rural of course, with a very high Danish population, and they also have an annual Danish Festival- in past years we have had a mayor exchange with them at festival time. I am a retired welder with machine shop experience as well, have used the great Vise-Grips locking pliers for all my life. A Danish blacksmith/welder from that area in Nebraska invented them in about 1927-- Hans Petersen.

So welcome to the PGCA and you have found a very fine Parker to start with indeed. They are built like a Swiss watch and shoot like few other shotguns seem to. As far as the language goes, I believe it is a mark of respect to learn as best as one can, another language or even two. I attended a "schutzenfest" this past summer, made friends with some folks originally from Dresden Germany-they lived in Milwaukee, Wisconsin a great city with a high percentage of people with German ancestry- It gave me a chance to brush up on "mein Alte Schul Deutch"-

I try to learn as much about the people and cultures from as many European Countries as I can. You express yourself very well in English, and I thank you for your reply. Francis
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Francis Morin For Your Post: