Thread: stock repair
View Single Post
Unread 03-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #18
Jerry Andrews
Forum Associate

Member Info

Wow! Back to the bartering system! I've had folks bring me some pretty unusual items as well. I've lent money to the guys that worked for me as well as the truck driver that hauled my logs. He asked one day for money for a truck. I gave him cash, a hand shake, no paperwork etc. 2 weeks later he paid me in full and brought me enough grubbed out walnut stumps for at least 30 blanks. They were powerwashed and ready to go across the saw blade. I guess since I wouldn't take interest that was his form of interest!
Since joining these three forums ( well, I was kicked off of one ) I've met the nicest folks. A member of this Parker board, I won't say who, sent me a ton of wood to look through, pay for what I took and simply send the rest back. This guy didn't know me at all. Now THAT'S the kind of people on which America was founded! It's too bad our USA has stopped manufacturing for the most part and things like Parkers, Foxes, Smiths and other fine doubles are no longer made here at a price folks can afford. I think it's why we all live in this old double world, longing for the days gone by. Bamboo fly rods, Lionel trains and a good batch of root beer made at home. We still cook nearly all our meals at home, heat with wood and grow most of what we eat, including the animals. But, this is West Viriginia and we are a fairly strange family I guess. Jerry
Jerry Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Andrews For Your Post:
Visit Jerry Andrews's homepage!