Thread: Amazing Picture
View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2017, 08:07 PM   #25
Researcher
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,836 Times in 2,363 Posts

I wrote the story of that picture up and Cote' published it in The Double Gun Journal, Volume Eleven, Issue 3, page 186. It was October 1948, and all the family had returned to Grandpa's farm west of Minneapolis for Grandma and Grandpa's 50th Wedding Anniversary. It was the big day, and everybody was dressed up getting ready for the celebration, when Grandma looked outside and spotted two roosters crossing the driveway and heading for the copse of woods behind the machine shed. Too much for my Father and Grandfather! They each grabbed their shotguns, whistled up the dog, and one went each way around the machine shed. As luck would have it a rooster went each way when the dog rooted them out and they each got one.

I don't recall anyone in my family wearing a necktie to go hunting. From Sioux Lake, Minnesota, October 1931, when my parents were first dating, my Mother and Father in the lower picture and my Father on the left in the upper photo with his cousin Edna in the middle and her husband Willis with his foot on the bumper of the car --

Sioux Lake, Oct 1931.jpg

My Father and Kipper Dandy in Columbia County, Washington, October 1972 --

R.K., Rusty, Pheasants, October 1972.jpg
Dave Noreen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Dave Noreen For Your Post: