Thread: repros
View Single Post
Unread 02-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #44
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,603 Times in 984 Posts

If we just want to put some production numbers to be in-the-ballpark in the Production Chart then fine, but I believe we owe it to ourselves and to those coming after us to do better. I, and others; have questioned the number of DHE and BHE .410s produced, there also appears to be issues with the number of DHE 20s produced, the chart shows 5800 produced, but in Nick Sisley's interview with Jack Skeuse, Mr. Skeuse reported there were actually 6050 built.

As far as the Custom A-1 Specials are concerned I would agree Gournet did the lion's share of those, but if just his numbers are used in the chart there's a bunch more out there. I can name several other engravers like Baer, Koluch, Hurst, Strosin, Griffiths, Gamradt and others that have completed custom in-the-white Parker Repro A-1 Specials. A few of these engravers have done multiples of them.

IMHO, I believe the Production Chart should be revised and updated to be as accurate as our collective knowledge allows. And going forward, as additional information comes to light, further revisions be made at that time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post: