View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2017, 02:08 PM   #26
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,455 Times in 1,368 Posts

I will try to do that. The gun in question is a 20 gauge VHE that has been with the last owner about 14 years and he has a letter from the family that he got the gun from documenting that it was originally bought in NC and was in their family since new until the 2nd owner bought it. They stated that the gun was stored away in a closet for years and years after the original buyer passed away in a car accident. The PGCA letter documents the 26" barrel length and the capped pistol grip stock. The LOP agrees with the letter. The case colors are gone and the barrel blue is thinning in spots. It obviously has been well cared for but enjoyed.

What is unusual is the forearm and buttstock are in very good condition. Thea forearm looks correct and has no handling marks and very little wear. The buttstock has no scratches or handling marks and the checkering is strong. The buttplate has the spur and it does show some wear at the heel that would come from shouldering the gun. I just don't see how the wood could be so nice and the case colors gone and blue thinning. Unless maybe it was used 100% on skeet or something. I guess the checkering is why I am doubting its original. There is no wear on the checkering. The original Parkers I own also have strong checkering but they also have most of their blue and a lot of color too. Bores are bright and shiny.

I will remove the trigger guard once I get a chance.
Reggie Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote