View Single Post
Unread 01-01-2022, 09:20 PM   #5
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Lester View Post
Vista is more than just Remington, it is Federal, CCI, Alliant Powder, Estate, Hevi-Shot, Speer, Primos, Tasco, Bushnell, Simmons, Redfield, Weaver, RCBS, Hoppes, Uncle Mikes and a few others. Vista has and is building a shooting sports monopoly. Anyone involved in the shooting sports will be purchasing their products.

I am wondering if we will ever see Remington wads in production again. I can't imagine there is a lot of market share for 8ga and 10ga lead shot wads. Most folks shooting 10ga are shooting non-toxic shot. Across the spectrum of shotgun gauges there are a lot of other choices such as Claybuster at a much lower price point.
I didn’t realize they had all that . But again other than the wads mentioned about all I’d want anymore would be a couple eights of Unique . I suspect if you don’t see anymore of the SP wads I mentioned the Gualandi wads will be the only game in town for the two gauges . I’ve already used the Italian wads in the 8 with success but I’ve not yet gotten any for the 10 although I have four bags ordered . Well perhaps CB will see fit to do limited knock off runs of the SP-8 and SP-10 I’d certainly have no problem with that . I’m finding my brand loyalties for a good part have gone to the wayside ! For years and years if a truck didn’t have a bow tie in the grill I wouldn’t buy it , now I’m driving one from the land of the riding sun ! What’s the world coming to .