View Single Post
2015 Spring Southern and Drake Landing
Unread 01-14-2015, 02:07 PM   #1
DoubleDown
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default 2015 Spring Southern and Drake Landing

Over the Christmas Holidays I spoke to Dan Andrews at Drake Landing, and he mentioned a conversation that he had with the local Barbour Clothing rep. Dan told him that we've had a pretty good group of side by side shooters showing up before and during the Spring Southern event to shoot at his club. Dan asked me if he and Barbour sponsored a shoot for us, how many people I thought would attend? This would not be a PGCA sanctioned event, but between the three collector organizations I believe we had over 20 shooters come out last year. My suggestion to Dan was that if we did this, I thought we should do something the Thursday before the Southern starts, so as not to interfere with the main event. While there is a group of us who have shot there all four days over the past two years, I wouldn't want to organize anything official that would compete with the Southern or participation in the Parker/LC Smith challenge.

So, I put it to you guys who have probably already started to think about plans for this year. Would you make the trip a day early to do some shooting at Drake Landing? While I know it will be tough to do, I would like to see what kind of commitment I could give him on attendance. I'm planning to post this same message on the Fox Collectors site as well. For those of you who have shot at his club, you know Dan has done a lot for us, and this is just taking it to the next level.

Mike

Update 1/19/15: Great responses to this guys, glad so many are planning to come. Keep em coming!

Mike Smith
Mark Ouellette
Daryl Carona
Rich Anderson
Eric Eis
David Dwyer
Craig Larter +3
Mike Koneski
Harold Pickens
Carvel Whaley
Buddy Marson
Devan Brown
Jim Signore
Frank Halsey
Haley Pearsall
Bill Davis
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Mike.Smith; 01-19-2015 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: Editing as names are added.
Mike.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike.Smith For Your Post: