View Single Post
Unread 12-01-2019, 03:03 PM   #23
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,668 Times in 3,103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Passow View Post
I'm getting ready to order by research letter. Can anyone tell me what kind of butt my stock it? Is it skeleton or checkered? The form asks but I don't see anything on the identification pages regarding the types of butts. There is a picture in my first post
Dallas, Your photo shows a skeleton steel buttplate (if there is a metal buttplate, that's what the grade came with as standard).

BTW, no worries on the issue of the triggers. If the reverse works better for you, who can argue with that. My point was that the standard for most side-by-side two trigger guns is right barrel (often the more open choke) first with the trigger in front. I've seen them reversed, but generally because of the comfort of shooting for the individual (as in your case). I had a Smith with the triggers reversed, but I could not master it and had them set in the more standard fashion. For that gun, it was a simple matter for a trained gunsmith.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote