Unread 01-25-2022, 02:14 PM   #49
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

Thank you Brett.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Jay View Post
I have a 28 gauge Repro 2 barrel set. Bird hunting I can't hit anything moving or stationary (slight exaggeration but not far off) with the 26" IC/Mod barrel, but I hit almost everything with the 28" M/F. Is it the my physical mechanics of using a longer length barrel or the tighter chokes that give me better results with the 28" M/F barrel? The down side of the 28" M/F is I obliterate close birds with the Mod barrel and thinking of having it opened to IC or Light Mod.
Wilmurt, it would be interesting to see what your Repro 28ga. IC/M set of barrels mike out at. Would you please measure them and report back?

With the small sampling from this thread we are seeing some significant differences in the constrictions that varies from gun to gun with the 28ga. Repro's IC/M and M/F chokes.

So far the IC/M set of barrels the IC varies from .004 - .011 and the MOD varies from .016 - .023.

With the M/F set of barrels we're seeing even more variation, the MOD constrictions go from .014 - .033 and the FULL constrictions go from .034 - .045.

Any one have a theory on why there's so much variation in the above sampling?