View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2020, 07:50 PM   #29
Mark Britton
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thank you for everyones prayers ! Great News Today !From Brenda:

I walked into Frankie’s room and he was so glad to see me. He knew me, talked to me the whole time I was there. I asked him lots of questions, he knew all of the answers. Speech therapy asked Frankie questions and he answered. Frankie was drinking water from a cup, while holding the cup by himself. Speech therapy asked him to look at the clock and tell her what time it was and he said “2:51”, and he was right. YIPPEE! These are answered prayers indeed, especially in knowing that he can see.

Frankie was moving all over the place in bed, I mean his legs and arms. He was turning his head, and just overall progressing in his movements. However, he is so uncomfortable in the bed. He has been there now for 42 days or so, and his body is tired of lying down and it hurts him. All he wanted me to do was get him up and get him out of there. He wanted to go outside, anywhere but there. I am taking all of these as good signs.

Now for the bittersweet part. He is entering the stage of being a little mad, which is a normal state in recovering from a traumatic brain injury. He knows that he is in a hospital, but he wants to go home
Prayer requests:
That he becomes more comfortable with decreased pain in his back, his legs, and at the pressure wound.
Pray for the pressure wound to heal.
Pray that he leaves his trache alone.
Pray that we can get the wires cut soon so he can start taking more by mouth and we can get the trache out.
Pray for him to continue to progress physically and mentally.
Pray for every staff member working with him and others with a TBI. This is such a hard field to work in and continue to have patience with the patients. Pray for them to know how much to push each patient to become the best they are going to be after treatment.
Praises:
That Frankie is able to move his legs more, his right arm more, hold his own cup to drink, and complain.
That he is progressing every day.
For the staff who work in this job as it is hard.
Mark Britton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mark Britton For Your Post: