View Single Post
Unread 11-16-2020, 06:01 PM   #21
Mark Britton
PGCA Member

Member Info

PLEASE KEEP PRAYING ! And THANK YOU !Update on Frank from 11/14/2020

It is so hard to believe that it will be four weeks ago tomorrow that our world changed so drastically. But then again, things like this happen all of the time. I would hope that we have learned many lessons from this so far, but one is that we need to make sure that our family and friends know that we love them. In a matter of seconds life changes, as mentioned above, so stop whatever you are doing right now and contact someone and let them know how much they mean to you.

Now, on to how Frankie is doing. He had a very busy week.

He has speech, physical, and occupational therapy a couple of times per week and respiratory therapy on a daily basis. He has been responding some, as mentioned in my other posts. He does open his eyes when you call his name, he does mouth words, nod to questions, wave to us, and when he feels like it, he will give us a thumbs up.

He was very tired yesterday and today. He did sleep most of today while I was visiting him. However, someone told me that deep sleep is needed to heal the brain.

As for his eyes, he does open them when you call his name. He does track more with his eyes that he had been doing. However, they have not been able to do a complete examination to determine how he is seeing or what he is seeing.

His facial fractures seem to be healing nicely and the doctors are pleased with the fixes they made and the healing he is having.

Otherwise, we are just in a holding pattern, still working on some medical conditions and praying for more progress in awareness so we can go to our next place for therapy. I am not sure where that will be, but we are praying that he will be accepted to the Shephard Center in Atlanta.

As for me, I did not do as well this week as he did. I want what is best for him but I also, to be honest, what more than that for me. Yes, I am being selfish. I want to see him progress every day like a hare running a race, but that is not how the brain heals from an injury. It heals more like the tortoise.

The doctors, nurses, and therapists continue to tell me that he is making great progress and that we are still very early in this journey.

For prayer requests:

Pray for him to make more progress in his responses and with moving all extremities to command and spontaneously.
Pray for his eyes to completely heal and that he will be able to see.
Pray for his general health as this kind of injury is also hard on your body.
Pray for his blood work to continue to normalize as we move along. Specifically pray for his blood count and his blood sugar to normalize.
Pray for the Lord to prepare us for our next move. I would love to see him go to Shepherd Center if it is the Lord’s will.
Pray for me. I have very good days and then I have a day that I just want to crawl under a rock and hide. Just being honest.
Pray for Jacob as he has only two weeks left in this semester. He has been able to work out most of the issues he had with his next semester, but is still working on one. He has sent in an appeal on the matter and is waiting to hear back on that.
Words cannot express to each and every one of you how much you mean to use. There is no way that we would make it through one day without the Lord leading the way, but also from your encouragement through your kind words, cards, texts, telephone calls, etc. Please know that I know everyone who has contacted us, brought us food, sent him financial support, but it may be a while before I can get to each of you to thank you.

Again, thank you so much. God bless you!

Psalm 37:3-4

Trust in the Lord, and do good;
dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.[a]
Delight yourself in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Mark Britton is offline   Reply With Quote