View Single Post
Unread 08-04-2020, 04:45 PM   #14
24 grams
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens View Post
Yeah, 13 3/4"LOP would be a tad short, and I'm 5'11". I would try a slip on pad first--another 1/2" would be great. Shoot it this year with spreaders while hunting. Maybe you will run into a gun that fits you better this year, and would be easier to sell an unmolested gun. It is an O frame I assume.
A slip-on pad adds 1/2," which brings it to 14 1/4." Still pretty short. I used one for a while on a two-barreled reproduction DHE, because I didn't want to mess with the skeleton butt plate. I was never happy with the solution.

Mind you, I am not obsessed with gun-fit (any longer ). I shoot a bunch of Berettas straight out of the box, even though modifications might earn me an extra bird here or there. But a gun has to be close enough that it feels like a part of me, in order for it to be a joy to shoot.

I could fill in the spur from the butt plate and add a 1" pad, which would give me about 14 1/2." Add a 1/4 spacer in front of the pad, bend the stock up and over a bit, and I would be happy.
Steven Groh is offline   Reply With Quote