Thread: Rust blueing
View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2020, 11:23 AM   #3
Keith Doty
PGCA Member

Member Info

Yea, but Harry, this one was a bit of a jaded lady when I bought it! A VH 12ga. 1 1/2 frame 28" with surprisingly good case color left, somebody long ago cut the stock and installed a pad, probably held down a fence or two (dozen), dropped it in the bottom of the boat (couple of those dents you don't see but can just feel when you run a hand down the barrels), and lots of honest wear on the wood work. I'm short so the 13 1/2" pull is fine but this is an "all weather" hunter for me. As I said, I'm looking on this more as maintenance, not restoration. I figure there are many more years of bug spray, dog slobber, boat rash, etc. in the gun's future BEFORE my nephews ( I have no kids) put it away in their safes. I have little doubt that, even with my best efforts to take care of this gun, there will be plenty of character to illustrate the stories of hunting with Uncle Keith and my Smokey dog!
Funny thing about Parkers........with your eyes closed a VH points, swings, and shoots just like a gun with all the bling in the world.
Keith Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Keith Doty For Your Post: