View Single Post
Winter Trap League
Unread 05-04-2019, 07:42 PM   #1
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,149 Times in 622 Posts

Default Winter Trap League

I hadn’t shot trap in a long time, and never really did it¬¬¬¬ much to begin with. My local gun club has trap shoots at various times of the year. I usually just shoot sporting clays(at a few different places) and shoot rifle, pistol, and muzzleloading guns at this specific club. After getting to know a few people there, they invited me to shoot in their Winter Wobble Trap League on Thursday nights.

I got some funny looks when I showed up with my Parker Lifter. The only sxs, the only damascus gun, and likely the oldest gun by 100 years. It took me some time to get dialed in, but before long I was shooting 21s and 22s quite regularly, which in the end was good enough to win against 20 other shooters.

This Parker is choked tight and the same in both barrels(32”), 190 pellets of #8s in a 24” circle at 45 yards. It was a joy to shoot every week and interesting to see everyone's opinion change about old side-by-sides. I never got a 25, but I had a few 23s and one 24. Time will tell, but I think I converted a few people as I was getting more and more questions on sxs shotguns.

I thought I would share…I couldn’t have done it without my Parker
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LifterTrapPic.jpg (199.4 KB, 12 views)
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Jay Oliver For Your Post: