View Single Post
Unread 12-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #14
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

If it's the real deal and the right folks get involved I think there's a good chance of a record selling price for an American shotgun in the offing.

As far as the Spiller gun goes, it only meant something to grouse hunters who are a pretty small fraternity. This is the gun of the most famous American waterfowler that ever lived or will ever live. It's been written about, researched, slavered and drooled about for over 50 years. The Spiller gun was just a well worn Parker that belonged to a fairly well known writer, this is Bo-Whoop we're talking about.....

I'm interested to see what provenance the auction house produces. Needless to say, I ain't player, but it will be a fun tale to follow.

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is online now   Reply With Quote