View Single Post
Unread 03-20-2019, 02:45 PM   #30
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts View Post
I would expect/hope that most carriers would respond in a similar fashion as Robin detailed for those types of claims. While we are on the subject of gun insurance let me make you aware of a couple of limitations that you most likely have in your policy that you may want to verify. The first being "transit". The attached verbiage is from a Travelers "Collectors" policy, not a "Dealers" policy. You will note under the highlighted area that items in transit are limited to a maximum of 25K and possibly less depending on your limits. This is not for each individual firearm, this is the total. Doesn't apply to you ? How many guns are you hauling to the Southern, values ? There may be a buyback on this limitation with carriers. The Travelers buyback max is 40K.
The second item of concern would be the exclusionary language pertaining to "property on exhibition at fair grounds, gun shows, or on the premises of any national or international exposure". How many of us have had guns for sale on a dealers table at a gun show ? I can assure you that "on exhibition at gun shows" will include being exhibited for sale. How about all the guns on display at Pheasant Fest. It's a "national exposition" so no coverage. There is no buyback with Travelers on this coverage so we can safely assume if you need this coverage their intent would be to offer you a "Dealers Policy". The industry likes to refer to this as "getting the premium for the exposure" but that's another paragraph I don't have time to address. Intent here is just to raise some awareness to some issues that you may not have addressed with your carrier/agent. BTW I am not picking on Travelers I just happened to have their policy forms available.
This was a question I asked Jack before his death, as I wanted to give my Boss shotgun to a smith at the Southern to take back with him but he didn't want to as he didn't have enough transit insurance. Jack said to me"Eric, you are covered period" He said it doesn't matter where the gun (or guns) is, it's covered period. So that's why I have Eastern insurance covering my guns.
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post: