View Single Post
Unread 01-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #9
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,981 Times in 1,424 Posts

Alan,

Certainly Del Grego and Turnbull are excellent at restoring/repairing Parkers however there are quite a few others that are also qualified. Check out the links on the home page for Merrington in TX and Kearcher in OR. Also consider Brad Bachelder in MI and Dewey Vicknair in PA.

I was reluctant to give an estimate on value. Bill Murphy has seen many more Parkers than I will in my lifetime so if he says my estimate is low, I believe him. In my opinion what increases the value is the 34" barrels. There were approximately 163 DHE's in 12ga made with this barrel length. What decreases the value is the replacement stocks, the trigger guard was replaced due to the replacement straight stock, what looks like a modification to the forend latch, and the odd ball single trigger.

Bill, the forend wood doesn't look anything like my 1927 SBT forend. I suggested a Timney trigger because the shape of the trigger looks similar to the Timney 1100 triggers. Do you know if Allen Timney ever made triggers for SxS's?
Chuck Bishop is online now   Reply With Quote