View Single Post
Unread 09-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #33
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Clark View Post
If they do I also hung on to my 870s, a 12, 28 and .410, all of which I bought new. The 12 is an SC skeet gun I ordered with and extra modified barrel back in 1970 or 71. For years it was the only thing I shot. I will likely never equal the 15 doves I killed with 16 shots with the skeet barrel on back in the 80's. I may get it out this year for old times sake! Like M12's and Timex watches, they take a licking and keep on ticking.
Yep. Great story.

One of my great uncles was a championship shooter. I never knew the gent, but my dad used to hunt with him. Before they went out the old man would ask, "What's the limit?" If it was sixteen, he would slip sixteen shells into the loops of his vest. Cool eh? That's confidence, man. I don't know what kind of gun he shot. I have seen one picture of him taken in the early 30's. I cannot recall if he had a gun in his hands or not, but he is smiling and wearing a canvas shooting jacket.

A coupla months ago I bought a brand new 20 gauge 870 Wingmaster. I cannot recall when I last bought a new shotgun...oh yes I do, it was in 1978. A winchester model 1300 12 gauge. I still have it.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote