View Single Post
Thanks all
Unread 04-06-2020, 11:23 AM   #9
RickR
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Thanks all

You've relieved my paranoia since my loads are probably generating 1/2 the pressure of the smokeless ones being used.

I'd heard there was a double gun gathering here in Wisconsin during the Summer. Where do I get the specifics?

Heck yes, I would LOVE to meet someone into shooting that could fill me in. I'm just 10 miles into Wisconsin and off I-94 East of MPLS/St. Paul in a small village (Roberts). Moved here 4 years ago and then wife became ill. As primary caretaker I've been forced into stay home social distancing for all that time. Prevented me from making any new shooting friends, or even finding a place to hunt such that I can get home quickly if she needs me.

Aside, I've always thought that Cowboy Action shooting was sort of silly since I hunted with lever guns, doubles and carried a +P+ loaded .44 spcl Colt as my deer revolver. Finding out there is a club nearby and meeting members who encouraged me to participate (aha! shooters to get to know), I have been rethinking that. This Parker (I also have a sixgun and a Winchester in .45 Colt) got me re-thinking my opinion just so I can have something to get away to.

RE the bores, I have only an inside caliper and micrometer to measure them, so I can only get in 2 inches or so at the muzzles to arrive at the .734 bore size. No way for me to know for sure if that dimension remains constant along the rest of the barrels. There was a small dent in one muzzle that I may have caused, and since I didn't have one of those cylinder shaped choke gauges, I ordered one thinking I could use the .729 cyl. designation to insert and tap out the dent. So when the gauge arrived, and it fell all the way through the barrels and out the breech...added to my honed too thin concern.

Here are a couple of "after rehab" photos. Not too bad having been out of practice for 30 years.

Rick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1060994.jpg (512.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P1060995.jpg (513.2 KB, 7 views)
Rick Rappe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rick Rappe For Your Post: