View Single Post
Left lock sear replacement
Unread 05-01-2014, 09:17 AM   #20
Dean Freeman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Left lock sear replacement

So here is my latest update...
Brian Dudley was kind enough to stop by on his way to the Southern SXS. It was a real pleasure meeting him, his wife, and his guns! Brian helped me out with some parts I needed to get going. First of all I want to thank Brian for his help and advice. I'm a relative newbie to Parkers and given the age of this one, it was nice to get some pointers on how to move forward. The level of commitment and fellowship that our members have is amazing and Brian is a testament to that. Thanks also to Jim DiSpagno for his call the other day. What a guy (just don't plan on doing anything for a couple of hours if he get's you on the phone)! Jim has helped out too with lots of support! What a generous group we have.

So here are photos of the tang extensioin inletting, the upper tang extension and the sear replacement on the left lock.

Tang inletting and tang extension

Tang extension removal

The extent of the stock damage

Sear repair

I also cleaned and polished the lock parts. Then I removed the upper tang extension, filing and polishing down to original metal.

Before and after...

Before

After

More photos of the left lock

There are many more photos available in the album I created for this project "Parker Lifter Project". Feel free to check them out if you like.