View Single Post
Unread 02-28-2019, 01:58 PM   #18
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stegmeier View Post
Thanks for the advice. 30 years ago I reloaded 12 ga. shells because I was shooting in a trap league. I have a MEC jr that I used for those shells. However, I have not been reloading since then. The cost savings was marginal, and with a family, time gets precious so it's been easier to just buy ammo. However, if I find that I enjoy shooting this 10 ga., I may want to re-enter the world of reloading. This stuff's a little pricey. We'll see, but fortunately there are a lot of really nice, and knowledgeable, people on this web site to keep me on the right (and safe) path. At the moment the gun is at the "smith's" for a little tweaking to one hammer.
I've shot the 10 gauge for years . I originally started loading for it with a Ponsness Warren 375C 30+ years ago , however they were all 3 1/2" (I was shooting a Remington SP-10 a lot at that time) . Now I've got a 600 JR and a Sizemaster for the 10 gauge both setup for 2 7/8" . If I keep at it I expect eventually I'll get a Ponsness Warren LS-1000 for the 10 gauge set at 2 7/8" just for dove/skeet/trap loads (I've been saying this for about 5 years now). And I'll keep the Sizemaster for buckshot , slugs and bismuth .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote