Thread: A family Parker
View Single Post
Unread 06-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #29
Patrick Hanna
Forum Associate

Member Info

I've just about given up on the stuck extractor. I easily removed the extractor screw, and I filled this recess with Kroil. I propped the barrels with the breeches down. In about a day, the Kroil was flowing through around the extractor shaft, and bringing out a lot of bright red rust with it. I am pretty certain that much of the extractor is loose. However, when I prop the gun with the muzzles down, the Kroil doesn't flow out to the other end. When I prop the barrels with breeches down and apply a few drops of Kroil to the extractor shaft right ahead of the barrel hooks and lugs, it doesn't flow through. I have done this in repeated overnight sessions, with light taps on either end of the extractor (nothing touching the extractor but brass). I can't make it move. I suspect someone with more nerve and a firmer hand could get it moving, but it's not going to be me. I will also tell my cousin he needs to have a pro free this part up. Let's face it, we'll never get it back together if we can't lower the extractor.

Best wishes to all,
Patrick
Patrick Hanna is offline   Reply With Quote