View Single Post
WK code- I'll take a look.
Unread 12-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #12
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default WK code- I'll take a look.

Thanks for the nice prompt reply. I haven't yet checked into that section of our PGCA website, maybe Remington used that WK in honor of Walter King, I do not know. Remington-UMC, being a major gun manufacturer even before they purchased Parker Brothers in 1934 may well have moved Parker records and codes into their own system as they moved the machinery and inventory from Meriden to Ilion in 1937- others may be able to shed some light on this, I can't- sorry--

Sad to hear about the theft- always a concern today, and am glad some of your firearms were retrieved. A good quality heavy gauge steel gun safe with a quality locking system (Sergeant & Greenleaf and stainless steel backing plates and through rods) bolted into the flooring is a "must" today for anyone who collects quality firearms. I would forgo the probable purchase of another quality gun IF the funds required would also cover such a safe (I have two)--and a retired MSP detective neighbor who stores a few of his guns in mine and watches my property like a hawk-- best prevention against a home invasion or a burglary is a good alert neighbor-IMO.
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote