View Single Post
Unread 05-12-2017, 01:16 AM   #18
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,548 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Allen View Post
They are probably consigned and that is the way the owner wants to move them.Also,since they were built for the same person,it makes sense to try to sell them as a pair first.
Not that it should matter, but I think you would find that most of his extensive inventory is consigned. To some degree, this limits him, and other dealers, from being able to do much trading.
I can see situations where a seller might restrict them to being sold together; such as when he needs to raise that amount of cash to buy something else, but one wouldn't get him much beyond half way. An estate sale wouldn't be as likely, as everything is being liquidated in that scenario.
I can see more reasons for a seller NOT restricting the sale to both; they are so alike that when one sells, the other becomes unavailable (let the buyer chose, and I'll keep the other) I've actually done that before .
There are probably many buyers who would love to own either, but simply can't afford both. I imagine we poorer folk out number the Landed Gentry by 5:1 or more. I think they will sell, either way, however I think it would happen much more quickly if they were split up. Steve is known for being willing to negotiate, so it's safe to say he has room when he puts his price on a consignor's gun. I know a few people right now who own guns listed by Steve, and I'm sure they 'could' confirm this.
I guess I'm in the minority, as I like the C for many reasons, more than the D. I'm not rearranging spots on my wall to open up a spot, and I think I'm fresh out of rich Aunts. Sigh.....
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote