View Single Post
Unread 01-15-2019, 10:00 AM   #18
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,179 Times in 633 Posts

Craig, I will send you the guide information. I don't have it, but I asked my friend for it. I was along for the ride on this trip and just showed up with my 10 gauge Parker and black powder shells.

You do have to apply for a tundra swan permit, which works on a lottery system. Some guide services may already have permits they can let their clients use. From what my friend told me the chances a very good for a permit. He has applied and received his permit the last 4 years in a row.

By the way I didn't get to cook anything last night, but I will tonight. I will let you know how it turns out.

On the ITX BB shot, I probably would not have used it had I know that it wasn't recommended. However, after patterning it and hunting with it using black powder I would use the same load again if I was swan or goose hunting(black powder only). Balistic Products may have been overly cautious, which I certainly understand. I did some searching and I can't find any BB sized bismuth sold in loose shot. So if you want softer than steel BBs or even BBBs, ITX may be the only option(please correct me if I am wrong on this).
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay Oliver For Your Post: