View Single Post
Insurance
Unread 12-07-2017, 08:47 AM   #19
Larry the Gun Guy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,554 Times in 380 Posts

Default Insurance

It surprises me about how many people do not have gun insurance through Eastern or Collectibles or a company like them. Home owners riders are prohibitively expensive and difficult to collect on. Once you have that insurance you do not need nor should you buy carrier insurance. The carriers will fight a claim every step of the way. And if you're shipping a lot of guns, like most of us do, the savings on carrier insurance will pay the premiums as mentioned above. A few years ago I shipped a very expensive Merkel in a hard case for a trigger repair. UPS broke the stock off at the wrist. How? I don't know, but with good photographs of the before and after condition of the gun Collectibles paid the claim with no questions asked. You must have good photographs of the gun to help your plight. Beyond the advantages of shipping insurance just having some type of insurance on your collection is a must. People who don't have a good policy have a giant hole in the protection of their assets. A home owners policy will only cover about $3,500. In a lot of cases that's not even one gun. A fire or a burglary could cost several hundreds of thousands of dollars with no chance of recovery.
Larry Stauch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Larry Stauch For Your Post: