View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #15
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

I liked Corey Ford and the Lower Forty. He struck a responsive chord with me that Nash Buckingham never did. But then I am not a southerner, growing up as I did in Nebraska, the Dakotas and the central coast ranch country of California, and I can understand that if one grew up in the south and was primarily a waterfowler, then Buckingham would be the end-all. The dialect was difficult for me and the southern caste system of the era was strange.

But that is one man's opinion. My point is that everybody has their own opinions about what they like in authors.

And I'm happy for the Fox collectors. Great guns and I'm happy to hear that the long lost iconic Fox gun is out and can be shown to those who have long awaited its emergence. We had a nice Fox that we showed around at Pheasant Fest when we did that seminar of using American doubles for upland game hunting, along with Smiths, Winchesters and others. Maybe some day we can put together a classic American doubles competition instead of just Parkers and Smiths. Wouldn't that be fun.

Last edited by Bruce Day; 03-15-2010 at 06:51 PM..
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post: