View Single Post
Unread 12-09-2017, 07:33 PM   #13
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,619 Times in 1,024 Posts

Yeah Alfred; I used to stop at Green Top regularly when I went up and down I-95 cruising the almost-major guns shows around Richmond (Mechanicsville; Fairgrounds; Great Southern Weapons Fair at an armory whose name I can't recall) before the internet changed a lot of things so far as time and gas went. Also hit a lot of scary 'firehouse shows' along the way! I remember when GT was a wide-spectrum Browning dealer; I guess sheer economics of inventory changed all that. The best place I know of nowadays for a great selection of Brownings is Miller's Gun Center in New Castle DE. Its on Rt. 1/13 just north of the New Castle Co. airport and within 5 mins. of the DE Memorial Bridge. They are a major specialty Browning dealer and cater most heavily to trap, skeet, & SC shooters. Browning makes up a specialty gun for them - mostly O/Us with their own engraving patterns, wood, barrel lengths, choke tube varieties, etc. They're tiny by comparison to GT, Cabelas, Bass Pro, or Gander Mtn. - about the size of an old-fashioned service station, but they have everything under the sun for a claybuster. Used guns for sale as well, and sometimes a "jewel in the crown" comes out of the woodwork trolled in by a local who needs money. Great examples are a screaming Fox/Becker custom pigeon gun and a bona fide FN Browning A-5 Grade IV in its original faux black elephant hide truk case with papers & patterning target. They're a place I still stop at regularly if I'm within a 50 mile detour. Tremendous selection of ammo of all types and of course no sales tax in DE!
Kevin McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote