View Single Post
Finnish...
Unread 07-26-2009, 11:02 PM   #2
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,910 Times in 534 Posts

Default Finnish...

The clearcoat that is on the repro's is a urathane similar to automotive clear. I have hand polished blemishes out with metal polish, flitz or chrome polish for motorcycles and cotton cloth. Do not use any abrassives only mild polish. Use plenty of polish, one layer of cloth and rub the area till it gets warm or hot in the palm of hand. Rub hard and fast ...it will get warm and soften the finnish to a luster again. Keep working the area till happy...final buff with clean cotton cloth. I just had an issue this past week...I used some bug spray with deet, it was a warm muggy evening and I got this stuff on my hands then onto the stock. It started to soften the clearcoat by the time we finished shooting. The stock had a area that was now very dull looking like a hand print. I did just as said above and it all is O.K. now. USE NO BUG SPRAY ON THE HANDS!!!! Some wood wax or auto polish on the stock may be a good idea to help protect the clearcoat on warm sweaty days. thanks Kenny Graft SXS ohio...(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote